7.6.06
Discount
Women descend on reduced-priced, fashionably-scented cleaning supplies like swine to a stinking pile of compost. I saw it in HyVee the other day. One such woman slowly shifts by, pushing her cart full of diapers and frozen pizza, until out of the corner of her eye she sees: PRICES REDUCED FOR QUICK SALE. She suddenly charts a new course to the discounted items, which are placed in a shopping cart near the movies and magazines. Another woman sees the sale items at the same moment, and speed-walks her cart toward the discount, trying to head off Woman 1. Now they are both pawing through the laundry detergent, all-purpose cleaner and disinfecting wipes, using their highest sense of discretion to choose from scents like Grapefruit and Cucumber and Fresh Lavender. What a bargain! Each item is only fifty cents! I must get seven or eight!

Labels:

written by Ruthie @ 10:42 PM  
1 thoughts:
  • At 6/13/2006 5:19 PM, Blogger Tracey said…

    Haha...I'm so excited to be one of those women in a few years. Especially the elderly ones! I think human beings get away with the most when they are super young and super old. Anyway, I also think that Jenna left you a message in the comment section of my latest blog. Not quite sure how that worked out, but there you have it. Hope your summer is going fantabulously!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル