21.8.07
Back Home
Well, I'm back from China. And it really did feel like I was coming home. I realized on the ferry from Qingdao back to Shimonoseki that I really felt at home in Japan. I was excited to get back to Japanese culture, to my apartment, to routine. It's good to be home.

I'm starting a series on my trip to China, since I can't cover it all in one post. I'll start with Qingdao.The first glimpse my traveling buddy and I got of China. Qingdao was definitely more polluted than Shimonoseki, but not as bad as Beijing, as we would soon find out.


The Wind of May. This sculpture has become the new Symbol of Qingdao. During the day it is a bright red, but at night lights shine on it to create different colors.


Qingdao is the site of the sailing competition for the 2008 Olympics, so there was Olympics signs and souvenirs EVERYWHERE, ad nauseum.

Labels: ,

written by Ruthie @ 8:43 PM  
0 thoughts:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル