30.10.08
Concerts
Last Wednesday I performed Stravinsky's Requiem Canticles. Last Friday I went to a concert of "the scariest organ music ever written" in a concert called Pipes Spooktacular. Last Sunday I heard Tombeau de Couperin at a student conducting recital. Yesterday I went to an orchestra concert and heard excerpts from Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet. This weekend I'm going to the New Music Ensemble concert. I go to about two concerts a week. This is my favorite part of life in grad school. My least favorite parts include, but are not limited to, grading stacks of music theory homework, paying what feels like a bazillion bills, and reading boring musicology articles about 15th century motets.

Labels: ,

written by Ruthie @ 4:19 PM  
0 thoughts:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル