22.10.06
Chofu
A few weeks ago I went to Chofu with a couple of friends to see a cool garden and some temples. Here are some pictures:














This is the garden I visited. It reminded me of the garden in one of the last scenes of "Memoirs of a Geisha."




















The entrance to a ceremonial teahouse.















A common sight in the countryside: bamboo. I was told that this clump of bamboo has been thinned considerably.















Beautiful, ne?




















Just in case you thought I stole the above pictures from some free computer wallpaper website. Me standing in the entrance of a temple. The white paper and brooms indicate that this is a sacred place.















The entrance to another temple.




















After we toured the beautiful places in Chofu, we went to an okonomiyaki restaurant. In this restaurant you get to make it yourself at your table.
written by Ruthie @ 12:26 AM  
3 thoughts:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル