21.12.06
Sumo Nabe














Last weekend I went with Rachel, Joe, Lucie, and Nakamura-sensei to eat nabe at a chanka nabe restaurant. Chanka nabe is a special kind of hot pot that sumo wrestlers eat. I don't know why sumo wrestlers eat it, but I enjoyed it. After we finished eating the owner of the restaurant (at least, I assume he was the owner) came out and said hello to us and gave us all a huge 2007 calendar with pictures of sumo wrestlers on each page. I am so excited about this calendar. It will be hung in a place of great prominence in my apartment.
written by Ruthie @ 7:46 PM  
2 thoughts:
  • At 12/23/2006 6:26 PM, Blogger aubrey said…

    after you finished eating the owner of the restaurant? tasty.

     
  • At 12/25/2006 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Merry Christmas! I am assuming you are in Japan for Christmas. We know what it is like to be away from home during the holidays. Hope you have a nice day.
    Love, Mike, Shayna and Bella

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル