6.11.07
Hiroshima
This weekend the teachers at Baiko High School took a little trip to Hiroshima and Shimane. The weekend started with a ride in a bullet train to Hiroshima, where we ate a HUGE meal.
We had-- in this order-- sashimi (basically sushi without the rice), fish liver, a plate of seafood (pictured above), deep fried sardines, deep fried squid, deep fried ham and onion on a stick, and a bowl of rice with roasted eel.

The next day we headed to Shimane to go the Iwami Silver Mine, a recently-appointed World Heritage Site. Back in the 17th century a third of the world's silver was mined from this location. Below is a little trail off the paved road that Ami and I investigated. We found some ruins tucked back in the forest.
Before heading back to Shimonoseki we went to the Shimane aquarium. Their main attraction is a White Whale show, but Ami and I skipped it in order to spend more time in the rest of the museum. In all, it was a really fun trip. Now I have to go back to Hiroshima sometime to see all the other famous stuff!

Labels: ,

written by Ruthie @ 6:24 AM  
2 thoughts:
  • At 11/06/2007 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Miss Ruthie--You look REALLY gorgeous in the picture up above! And older! *Sigh* I miss you madly, my friend! But I'm glad to see that you're well=) All my love.

     
  • At 11/09/2007 6:18 PM, Blogger Jorge I. Figueroa F. said…

    Whenever they treat you to have dinner and most of the attendants are foreigners they keep bringing food.
    I guess they think everyone else eats a lot.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル