23.10.07
Rando
I got my GRE scores back. I did well. That makes me happy.

Other than that, not much to report here. Lots of school festivals are coming up. Halloween is next week, so I'll be handing out candy to any brave students who will say "trick-or-treat" during the lunch hour. It's getting cooler, but not cold. Still only getting down to the fifties at night, seventies during the day: perfect weather. Apparently the leaves won't start really changing color until the end of November, which is weird, now that I think of it. Back home all the leaves are usually on the ground and crispy by Halloween. Midterms are finishing up today. That means my three-work-day hiatus from teaching will end today. That doesn't necessarily mean I will be busy.

What are the big news stories in the States lately? I read BBC news reports so I don't have to encounter the stupid celebrity gossip or the over-publicised presidential candidates' new campaign developments. Besides those two types of news stories, is there anything interesting going on at home?

Labels:

written by Ruthie @ 10:42 PM  
3 thoughts:
  • At 10/24/2007 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, hit CNN once a week, it won't kill you.

     
  • At 10/24/2007 3:11 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Sadly, my livelihood is dependent on those political stories, so that's the only news I know. Iowa's caucus is now on Jan. 3, if that's not ridiculous I don't know what is.
    Congrats on the good GRE scores!

     
  • At 10/25/2007 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm too busy being neked to know what's going on in the rest of the world...so call me one of these days;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル