12.12.07
The Christmas Story
My IIE students today were given the task to explain the Christmas story to me in the best English they could. What they came up with reminds me of David Sedaris' story "Jesus Shaves."

"King of Roma said to people of Roma must register their name. Maria and Josephus went to Bethlehem, but it was long way. They didn't have inns and their relatives didn't want them to stay in their house because Jesus wasn't Josephus' child. Maria and Josephus looked for sleeping place. They found barn. Then Jesus was born. He was sleeping in manager. Scholars came to meet Jesus. They brought oil, gold, and spice. They used a star to find Jesus. This is Christmas."

Labels:

written by Ruthie @ 7:59 AM  
3 thoughts:
  • At 12/12/2007 8:26 PM, Blogger candifer said…

    i like this explaination.
    how are you, ruth? miss you!

     
  • At 12/12/2007 11:47 PM, Blogger Jorge I. Figueroa F. said…

    this little story reminded me of a movie that in english was called "Live and Become" and has one kid triying to explain something about religion but he has absolutely no back knowledge so he gets really creative.

     
  • At 12/13/2007 10:30 PM, Blogger Chris Rensink said…

    Thanks for the catchphrase idea...definately after Christmas thing to do. Right now I am watching Home Alone with the students in my classes...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル