8.11.08
Bjork
Lately I've been on a big Bjork kick (Bjork is a musician from Iceland, probably most famous for wearing the swan dress to the Oscars some years ago). I was listening to the song "Hyper-ballad" this morning. I usually just enjoy the sound of the music as it washes over me, and start singing along at the chorus without really thinking about it. However, for the first time today, payed closer attention to the lyrics:

We live on a mountain
Right at the top
There's a beautiful view
From the top of the mountain
Every morning I walk towards the edge
And throw little things off
Like:
Car parts, bottles and cutlery
Or whatever I find lying around

It's become a habit
A way
To start the day

I go through all this
Before you wake up
So I can feel happier
To be safe up here with you

It's early morning
No one is awake
I'm back at my cliff
Still throwing things off
I listen to the sounds they make
On their way down
I follow with my eyes 'til they crash
Imagine what my body would sound like
Slamming against those rocks

When it lands
Will my eyes
Be closed or open?

I haven't decided if these lyrics are poetic genius or just insanity, but either way, they sound hilarious when sung in Bjork's quirky, breathless style.

Labels:

written by Ruthie @ 8:55 AM  
2 thoughts:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル