25.5.09
Dream
Dressed up like a nurse from the 1940s, trying to set up some mob guys with a bunch of other people in costume. They figure out what we're trying to do and come after us with guns. Somehow now I'm in a futuristic office skyscraper, trying to get access to an elevator, but the identification sensors can tell I don't work in the office and won't let me into the elevators. I look for stairs.

At this point there's something to do with racks of clothes from Macy's and old-timey cars floating in a grimy lake or ocean port or something.

Then I'm ushered into what appears to be my high school's auditorium. The band was sitting outside the doors. I thought to myself, They must be too loud to have directly on stage. I sit in the front row next to a fairly large woman that won't shut up. Eric Whitacre is conducting, and the concert is all his pieces in some odd programmatic combination: there is fake snow falling from the rafters, a bunch of lighting changes, weird images playing on screens on stage. But the whole time I can barely hear any music. The band just outside the doors is too soft and the offstage choir sounds like a whisper. That's when I remembered that I was supposed to be singing in the offstage choir. So I started to sing my part from my seat. Later Eric Whitacre came up to me and said I saved the performance with my singing.

Labels:

written by Ruthie @ 10:53 AM  
0 thoughts:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル