6.4.07
さくら
Everywhere sakura! It's cherry blossom (sakura) season here in the land of the rising sun. The weeklong blooming period started while I was in America. I have been shocked again and again at just how many sakura trees there are in Japan. I had no idea all these trees would bloom so beautifully in the spring! The sakura season is highly celebrated in Japan. There are seasonal gift items, cakes, and candies available with a cherry or cherry blossom theme. People flock to parks to view flowers. I read a book recently that said that when Buddhism was adopted by the Japanese, flower viewing was incorporated as another form of meditation. I have always believed in the restorative quality of reflecting on the beauty of nature, so I tend to think there's some truth to the philosophy of viewing nature as a type of meditation. Anyway, the photo is of a sakura tree near my apartment.

Labels: ,

written by Ruthie @ 6:13 AM  
1 thoughts:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル