4.2.08
Tired
I'm tired of buildings not being completely heated.
I'm tired of cameras being in my face because I'm white.
I'm tired of bowing.
I'm tired of sitting in my apartment alone every weeknight.
I'm tired of thinking of meal ideas that aren't ramen or stirfry.
I'm tired of listening to speeches I can't understand.
I'm tired of buildings not being completely heated.
I'm tired of masking my feelings because it's not socially acceptable to respond to "How are you?" with "I'm not so good today..."
I'm tired of having no work to do at work.
I'm tired of the gloomy winter weather.
I'm tired of eating the same sandwiches for lunch everyday.

What irritates me the most is that I know that some of these things will be what I miss about Japan when I leave.

... on second thought, I just read through that list again, and I'll probably only miss the sandwiches.

Suffice it to say, I'm not having a good day in Japan.
written by Ruthie @ 8:10 PM  
3 thoughts:
  • At 2/06/2008 12:36 AM, Blogger Jorge I. Figueroa F. said…

    Your time in Japan is almost over, soon you will remember how grumpy you were at the beginning of your final semester in that beautiful nation

     
  • At 2/06/2008 6:24 PM, Blogger Chris Rensink said…

    painfully true...

     
  • At 2/06/2008 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Still not sure why you went back. You should use this time to strengthen your faith. Spending more time with the Word and in prayer will take your mind off the problems around you and put it where it should be, with the Lord.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル