14.3.08
Personal Motto
My coworker gave a chapel speech recently about making a personal motto. She asked the students to think about and answer ten questions, then use those answers to create a personal motto. Here are the ten questions and my answers:

1. What am I most committed to in my life?

I'm committed to being true to myself and to other people. I'm committed to excellence in everything I do. I'm committed to my responsibilities and to keeping promises.

2. What am I most grateful for in my life?
I am most grateful to my family and friends, for their unending support and love.

3. What makes me happy in my life?
Time with friends makes me happy. Watching good movies makes me happy. Listening to good music makes me happy. Seeing other people happy makes me happy. Making people laugh makes me happy. Being productive makes me happy. Finishing a good book makes me happy.

4. What do I enjoy doing in my life?
I enjoy making things: music, greeting cards, knitting, food, poetry, scrapbooking, collages, etc. I like creating.

5. Who do I love?
I love my family and my friends: Lis, Nala, Face, Candifer, Chi-chan, and more.

6. Who loves me?
My family and friends love me.

7. What are my top three goals in life?
To continually seek truth, to study music, and to travel the world.

8. If I knew I could not possibly fail, what would I most want to do?
I would either be a professional opera singer or a composer.

9. What three things make me feel good?
Singing at the top of my lungs, drinking good tea, and listening to beautiful music makes me feel good.

10. What do I want to have, do, and be 10 years in the future?
In 10 years I want to have a doctorate in music theory, I want to write a symphony, and I want to be a mom.

I encourage you all out there to answer these questions honestly and see what it reveals about you. I don't even think making a personal motto is necessary, though it is a nice thing to pull out and remember in the hard times. I'm still having trouble generating a personal motto from the above answers. Anybody have any suggestions?
written by Ruthie @ 12:26 AM  
0 thoughts:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル