20.4.08
Windmill!
Those of you from my alma mater will understand the joy and excitement I felt when I saw a windmill in Shimonoseki:
The Japanese friend I was with at the time did not understand why I was laughing so much and insisted on taking pictures. I tried to explain that I went to school in a really Dutch area and windmills are sort of a symbol of that and that it was so weird to see a Dutch-esque windmill in Japan, but I don't think he got it.

Labels:

written by Ruthie @ 11:47 PM  
4 thoughts:
  • At 4/21/2008 12:33 AM, Blogger candifer said…

    yay!

    jenna & i just did a presentation on wind turbines for intro to environmental science.

     
  • At 4/21/2008 7:23 AM, Blogger Chris Rensink said…

    You just can't explain the excitement of seeing a windmill, especially in a foreign land like Japan. Where there tulips to pick?

     
  • At 4/21/2008 1:29 PM, Blogger CLU said…

    Those are so cool. Right in Shimonoseki?

     
  • At 4/21/2008 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would think it was awesome if I saw a windmill in Wisconsin, but in Japan, that would be cause for MAJOR freakout!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル