6.4.08
Sakura
It's cherry blossom season in Japan, and that means that everybody is out armed with a camera and grilled chicken-on-a-stick for Hana-mi. Hana-mi literally means "flower-veiwing." The ancient tradition was for monks to sit and meditate under the blossoms fluttering off the trees. Nowadays it's pretty much the Japanese equivalent of Fourth of July: instead of fireworks being an excuse to stagger around drunkenly in a park and eat lots of grilled animal fat, in Japan the excuse is the blossoming of cherry trees.



Labels: ,

written by Ruthie @ 5:05 AM  
1 thoughts:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル