18.7.08
Things I Won't Miss
Last week I gave my list of things I'll miss about Japan when I return to the U.S. This week I'll tell you what I won't miss about Japan:

female sales clerks' high-pitched voices
bowing
"irasshaimaseeeee"
consumption of cephalopods
excessive use of plastic bags
being a slave to ceremony and procedure
"yoroshiku onegaishimasu"
no insulation
being a celebrity because I'm white
random "harro"s from high schoolers
huge purple centipedes
no central air conditioning or heating
excessive, fake politeness
dog strollers
low chairs and couches
humidity
random public urination by drunk old men
doublespeak
sleeping on the floor
written by Ruthie @ 1:38 AM  
1 thoughts:
  • At 7/18/2008 9:32 AM, Blogger CLU said…

    We were just talking about that last night. The difference between "rude" and just being open and real and being "polite" and just having a mask on, tight.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル