27.7.06
First Japan Email
Posted below is a copy of my first Japan mass email. I know I forgot people in this email, so I wanted to post it here also. If you regularly read this blog and would like to recieve email updates, please reply with an email address. I would love to litter your inbox with long, syrupy letters full of my Asian Exploits.

After a lot of thinking, a lot of working at HyVee, and a lot of paperwork, I am going to Japan. I still need to get my visa, but I plan to shove off around August 25. I will be teaching junior high and high school English in Shimonoseki for two years. I will be living in an apartment provided by Baiko Gakuin University, the school I will be teaching at. Here is my address and phone number. Please bug me. Or at least mail me something or call me so I know this address is correct.

37-17-A201,
Hatabu-honcho,
Shimonoseki, Japan (zip code is 751-0827)
telephone: 0832-22-4506

Please pray for me as I go into a job I have no experience in. I didn't really intend to go into English teaching, but I have always wanted to live in another country, and many of you know I love Asian culture! All that to say... I am excited and nervous. Keep me in your thoughts.

Labels:

written by Ruthie @ 12:00 PM  
2 thoughts:
  • At 7/28/2006 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i think you should send me "mass email" yadda yadda yadda...whatever you said. add me to your email list. eheiberg@nwciowa.edu. do it. now. ok i'm done. i think you'll love it over there...my "neighbor" (loose term in the country, she lives about a mile away) did that a couple years ago, she loved it. ok, going now. hope everything is well. ~betsy

     
  • At 8/02/2006 5:53 PM, Blogger aubrey said…

    mehehheeee!!!! I have made many comments on your blog! I thought I was your snack pack, you weirdo. Sorry doesn't put the Triscuit crackers in my stomach now, does it? And please do plague my inbox with Japan emails!!!! Plague is a weird word.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル