27.11.08
Fashion Forward
My mom and I had a discussion yesterday about my fashion sense. She agrees, like most people do, that I have a unique sense of fashion. I like to think that I'm ahead of the fashion curve-- I spot trends and adopt the good ones before other people do. While we were talking, I cited some examples of trends I've picked up.

Me: "Yeah, like remember when torquoise jewelery became super-popular when I was in high school? I was wearing torquoise before everybody else."
Mom: "Honey, I was wearing torquoise jewelery when I was in high school."
Me: "--well, but I was wearing capris the summer before they became big."
Mom: "I was wearing capris before you were born."
Me: "I bought a pair of high-waisted, wide leg pants before they came in style this year."
Mom: "Beat you to it."
Me: "I wanted a vest before they were big...?"
Mom: "Let's try a truly new trend, shall we?"
Me: "This conversation is getting ridiculous."
written by Ruthie @ 2:53 PM  
1 thoughts:
  • At 11/28/2008 9:10 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    ah, the cycle of fashion. i'm just wondering what will come back next - petticoats?

    And just because it's SO random...I'm watching the news while commenting on your blog and the story was about how a man beat his drunken neighbor with a decorative yard candy cane on thanksgiving. the drunk guy had a knife, so the candy can beater won't be facing charges! ah...it's not a holidy until someone's beaten with a candy cane...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル