16.8.06
Mastercard? No, Visa!!
I never thought I would say this, but I am: Thank God for U.S. mail.

I got my Certificate of Eligibility today. This is the document I have been (sort-of not patiently) waiting for so I can get a visa for Japan. It finally arrived, so I mailed it and my passport and my visa application to Chicago via express airmail today. For about $18 my application will be in Chicago at the consulate of Japan tomorrow by noon, or I get my money back. Some bond company stooge at the consulate told me that, once the application is at the office, they can process it within 1-2 business days. Meaning: I will actually leave for Japan next week! AHHHH! Am I really doing this?! I am really going to teach English--in Japan--without being able to speak the language--and with a degree in Music--not English! Holy hyphens!

To all those who either a) love packing, b) abhor packing, c) have any good advice on packing, or d) have ever packed a bag in their lives, please tell me your stories, tell me what to do or what not to do, or at least tell me to have fun and not freak out. Please.
written by Ruthie @ 11:51 PM  
1 thoughts:
  • At 8/18/2006 12:04 PM, Blogger Matt Hulstein said…

    My question would be, "what's the exchange rate?". If its in your favor than just pack really light and buy everything there. If its really bad, take the kitchen sink! Well, dont go quite that far, in fact just pack light regardless; actually that advice could even be biblical! I think its in Matthew or something.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル