How in the heck do you spell "dialogue"? Because the spellchecker says it's "dialog." I thought there was a "ue" on the end of it. Did that change recently? Is pseudo-British spelling no longer allowed in American English? Because that's a shame. I rather like spelling words with superfluous U's. "Colour" and "favourite" just look more sophisticated with the extra U, don't you think? (haha. Don't "U" think? Did you catch that? I am so clever).
written by Ruthie @ 7:40 PM  
2 thoughts:
  • At 2/14/2007 4:44 PM, Anonymous Betsy said…

    I spell "dialogue"...I looked in microsoft word and it didn't spellcheck it as wrong for me. ...I think though that I've seen Barb (Turnwall) use "dialog"...perhaps its a preference thing? I'm with you though, I like superfluous U's and it definitely looks more sophisticated.

    and you (U - haha) know what? I didn't catch it until after you pointed it out :)

  • At 2/16/2007 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My Word doesn't put red lines under either spelling; I guess it IS a preference thing. Also, I am a third vote for superfluous Us; we should start a facebook group or something;) And as for the you/U thing--you've clearly spent too much time with Monsma!! Haha; love you Ruf!!=)

Post a Comment
<< Home

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more