10.9.07
Publicity
I am what I like to call a "token foreigner" at Baiko High School. Being a token foreigner means I have my picture taken at public events to show that the high school has it's very own full-time foreign teachers (so it must be a good school!). I often wonder what happens to these photos, and today while cruising the Baiko website I found them: Ruthie in action! Teaching a writing class!

The witless foreigner being guided through the yukata-tying process.

The whole group of foreigners on stage for the Japanese elementary students to gawk at in a mixture of awe and fear.

Labels:

written by Ruthie @ 9:03 AM  
4 thoughts:
  • At 9/10/2007 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hahaha, I love it!! And your short hair is aDORable!! Lookit you be the classy teacher=) All my love, Ruf!!

     
  • At 9/10/2007 7:22 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Congratulations on your position as token foreigner. You should be very proud :o) I hope you're doing well Ruthie!

     
  • At 9/10/2007 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love it! you're famous!

    and you look slightly annoyed about being on stage...

     
  • At 9/11/2007 8:23 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Thank you! Wow, I am SO impressed with the fluency test, good luck on that one! I'm excited for France, I've been taking French since 9th grade, so I FINALLY get to see the things I've been reading about forever.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル