8.9.06
English Club
When: yesterday after school
Where: the English Lounge at the high school
Who: Me, Nick (American English teacher), Masa (Japanese student teacher; speaks English), several giggly high school girls

We were discussing what the English club should do for Baikosai, the upcoming festival at the school. Every club and homeroom decides on an activity or homemade good to sell to parents and community members who attend the festival. The proceeds go to a charity organization. I suggested maybe a country-western theme, and we could teach line-dancing. Nick agreed and got up to demonstrate. The girls started to whisper and giggle to each other. Nick and I heard the word “sexy.” Immediately we were curious. “What? Who is sexy? Nick? For his line dancing?” Masa overheard them and said they were talking about how Nick’s legs were sexy. I snorted many times while laughing. After some discussion about what the word “sexy” meant and lots of awkwardness trying to explain it, we finally understood that the girls were talking about my legs. Apparently they saw me un-cross and re-cross my legs and noticed my pale, freckled, hairy legs and thought they were sexy. We told the girls we thought they had said that Nick’s legs were sexy. They snorted many times while laughing. Then Nick told me that white skin is seen as very beautiful here. I told him that was something to write home about. Masa was very embarrassed.
written by Ruthie @ 6:45 AM  
3 thoughts:
  • At 9/08/2006 3:53 PM, Blogger aubrey said…

    Heeheeeee!!!

    You are my favorite.

     
  • At 9/11/2006 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oooo. i'm glad to know that hairy white legs are sexy in china. i shall now commence to move there, where at least my legs will feel at home.

    or maybe not.

     
  • At 9/11/2006 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    shoot. japan.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル