8.1.08
Back in Japan
A few days before my day-long journey across the International Date-Line began, I was sort of dreading coming back to Japan. I wanted to stay in the comfort of vacation time, family, friends, greasy food, and TV. But once I was back here, I felt totally comfortable, familiar, even a little relieved. I so appreciate the Japanese hospitality and grace when it comes to serving the public. I know I have said this before several times, but I feel like that is what impresses me most about Japan. I also think the Japanese sense of manners and politeness is something Americans could really learn from.

Things I'm Enjoying About Being Back:
Having my own space.
Feeling like I'm "home," weirdly enough.
Walking more.
40 degree weather.
Healthy food.

Things I'm Already Missing:
Not working.
Parents time.
Dog time.
Aubrey and Becky time.
Grandma time.
Mexican food.

Pictures of Christmas break coming soon.
written by Ruthie @ 12:57 AM  
2 thoughts:
  • At 1/09/2008 12:45 AM, Blogger Jorge I. Figueroa F. said…

    Did you have to go trough the new system when you returned to Japan?

    What dishes you like of Mexican food?

    When you are back in the U.S. will you be willing to taste real mexican food down here in México?

     
  • At 1/12/2008 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And I have long since been missing Ruthie time. But it was SO good to see you, especially since I didn't expect to. I still wish I could've helped you out when you were stuck at O'Hare. But all the same--I'll take what I can get, and NYE is what I got, and I loved it=) By the way, how is you-know-who?! ;) Love you, Miss Ruthie=)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
私について

Name: Ruthie
Home: Japan
About Me: I want to know who God is and what his truth is. I love getting lost in beautiful music and cloudless star-filled skies, especially in the fall. I hate being bored. I like big cities. I want to travel the world.
read more

古い物
古代の物
好みな物
ブロッグ
ラベル